FisherBroyles attorneys provide litigation and counseling services to media companies, higher education institutions and other clients on a wide range of First Amendment law issues. We have in-depth knowledge of First Amendment principles and the unique, time-sensitive issues facing journalists, broadcasters and publishers. Our attorneys have represented national, regional and local publishers and media companies, e-commerce and Internet companies, individual bloggers and other creative content providers.
Our First Amendment attorneys provide the following services:
- Pre-publication and pre-broadcast content review
- Obtaining access to information and proceedings
- Defense of subpoenas issued to reporters, including confidential source issues
- Misappropriation and rights of publicity issues
- Prior restraints
- Retraction and clarification demands
- Issues related to hawking newspapers
- Defamation and privacy issues facing Internet content and service providers
- Protection of intellectual property rights
- Strategic Litigation Against Public Participation (SLAPP)
- Defense of libel and invasion of privacy lawsuits
- Proactive training in libel prevention and other risk avoidance
Additionally, we work with partners within the firm to address other needs of our media and higher education clients, such as labor and employment, intellectual property, insurance, business and corporate matters.