T: (305) 967-7450
- Franklin Pierce Law Center, J.D., 2002
- University of New Hampshire, Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, 1995
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson
Ms. Moreira has been practicing exclusively in the area of intellectual property for more than sixteen (16) years and has been a Board Certified Specialist in Intellectual Property since 2008. Florida Board Certification recognizes attorneys’ special knowledge, skills and proficiency in various areas of law and professionalism and ethics in practice. Certification is the highest level of evaluation by The Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys.
Ms. Moreira’s practice involves most aspects of the protection, licensing, or enforcement of intellectual property. Ms. Moreira’s practice focuses on trademarks, domain names, and copyrights and specifically, international trademark portfolio counseling and management, trademark clearance, trademark and copyright prosecution, maintenance and intellectual property enforcement.
Ms. Moreira has extensive experience assisting clients with the creation of trademark and branding strategies and developing action plans to maximize value and protection – domestically and internationally. She regularly negotiates and prepares intellectual property licenses, releases, contractor agreements, marketing agreements, vendor agreements, assignments, and other agreements relating to intellectual property issues. Her practice also includes significant work litigating trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and domain name disputes in federal court, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and through Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy proceedings.
Ms. Moreira works with large corporate clients, mid-sized companies, small-start ups and individuals. She has worked in the following industries or sectors: sports franchises, hospital organizations, restaurant franchisors or stand-alone locations, fashion designers, musicians, nightclub and entertainment venues, hotels, real estate investors and developers, and various others.
- Florida Super Lawyers – 2014-2018
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2010-2012
- Florida Bar Intellectual Property Certification Committee, Committee Member, 2009-2015
- International Trademark Association Emerging Issues Committee, 2012-2014
- Southern Regional Entertainment and Sports Law Conference, Panelist and Speaker, 2005-2007, 2009