Thomas Wiesner has represented U.S. and non-U.S. financial institutions, real estate investment trusts, and corporate and private fund clients in a wide variety of matters, including initial public offerings and other equity offerings; private financings; investment grade and high-yield debt offerings; corporate governance matters including matters arising under SEC, NYSE, Nasdaq and FINRA rules; ongoing public disclosure; mergers and acquisitions; commercial paper programs; syndicated loan transactions and leveraged acquisition finance. He also has experience in the formation of non-profit social enterprises and charities.
Thomas has over eight years of experience at top international Wall Street law firms. He began his career as a corporate lawyer in the New York office of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP before spending over six years in the Madrid office of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP.
Thomas earned a B.A. from Yale University in 2002 and a J.D., cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School in 2009. He was Managing Editor of the Michigan Law Review.
- Representative Transactions
DAVIS POLK & WARDWELL LLP
- Thomas’s clients included Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., Banco BBVA Argentina S.A., Telefónica S.A., Enel S.p.A., Laboratorios Farmacéuticos Rovi S.A., Banco de Sabadell S.A., Árima Real Estate SOCIMI S.A., REN-Redes Energéticas Nacionais, SGPS, S.A. and numerous international investment banks.
- IPOs by Atlantica Yield plc, Unicaja Banco S.A. and Árima Real Estate SOCIMI S.A., and other equity offerings by Banco BBVA Argentina S.A., Endesa S.A., Laboratorios Farmacéuticos Rovi S.A., Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A., Banco de Sabadell S.A. and REN-Redes Energéticas Nacionais, SGPS, S.A.
- Debt offerings by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., Telefónica S.A., Atlantica Yield plc and Abengoa S.A.
- Thomas also advised on ongoing U.S. public reporting and general corporate advisory matters for Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., Banco BBVA Argentina S.A. and Telefónica S.A.
CRAVATH, SWAINE & MOORE LLP
- Thomas’s clients included Bank of America Corporation, Mylan and numerous international investment banks.
- IPOs by Diamond Resorts International Inc., Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Bausch & Lomb Holdings Incorporated, and other equity offerings by TriMas Corporation, TAL International Group, Inc., Annie’s, Inc. and Mouchel Group plc.
- Debt offerings by Ultrapetrol (Bahamas) Limited, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TransDigm Inc. and BlueScope Steel Limited, and a tender offer by Diamond Resorts Corporation.
- Thomas also advised Bank of America Corporation on ongoing public reporting matters and advised Mylan on corporate governance matters prior to its conversion to a Dutch N.V.
- Teaching Experience
• Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Saint Louis University Madrid
FisherBroyles UK LLP (“FisherBroyles UK”) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC426505, and which practices from 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT. A list of members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at that address. FisherBroyles UK is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registered number 658162. FisherBroyles UK is connected with its affiliate in the US, FisherBroyles LLP, although they are two separate legal entities. The word “partner” denotes a member of FisherBroyles UK or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
FisherBroyles UK opposes all forms of slavery and human trafficking, and is committed to taking steps to ensure that these do not occur in its business or in its supply chains. For further details, see our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. For more details, see our Complaint Handling Procedure.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
Yale University, B.A.
Prior Law Firm Experience
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP