Susan V. Warner
T: (786) 310-0637
- Commercial Litigation
- Health and Pharmacy Law
- Higher Education
- Litigation — Appellate
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2006
- University of Virginia, BA, 2000
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
Ms. Warner is an experienced litigator, who represents corporations, small businesses, and individuals before federal and state courts at both the trial and appellate level in a broad range of employment and business disputes. She is an assertive advocate, finding creative and efficient solutions for her clients in resolving disputes.
Ms. Warner practices in the areas of employment law, employment counsel, commercial litigation and appeals. She has successfully represented employers and management on a wide variety of employment litigation claims, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII); the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA); the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Ms. Warner has also defended against claims of defamation, negligent retention, breach of non-compete and employment agreements, and theft of trade secrets.
Ms. Warner also has experience representing businesses against ADA Title III claims. She has experience advising clients on how to comply with ADA Title III regulations and providing practical advice to clients about how to comply with the physical accessibility requirements of the ADA. Ms. Warner has particular expertise in the area of ADA website compliance, defending against the first ADA website compliance claim to go to trial in the country.
Ms. Warner has experience defending hospitals in medical staff and credentialing matters, employment disputes and HIPAA claims. She has represented universities in lawsuits involving student disciplinary matters and faculty tenure disputes.
Before FisherBroyles, LLP, Ms. Warner was Of Counsel at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP in its Litigation practice group and an associate at a boutique litigation firm in Miami, Florida. Prior to this, she served as a federal judicial law clerk to the Honorable Virginia M. Hernandez Covington, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida.
- The Florida Bar
- Rules of Judicial Administration Committee, 2018-2021
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Summit Chair 2018-2019
- Jacksonville Women Lawyer’s Association
- JNC Oversight Chair, 2018-2019
- 4th Cir. Takes a Conservative Approach to LGBT Rights, Law 360 (May 23, 2016)
- Employees’ Mental Health Disorders Often Qualify as Disabilities, Restaurant Hospitality (Dec. 7, 2016)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017)